Monday, January 31, 2011

THE RESCUE

As I put in the application, she is a stray I found.  It looked like she had had puppies, and she was drying up.  I had her checked to see if she was pregnant, and she was not, so I had her spayed on July 15t.  I have had her Rabies shot, and I had planned on taking her back to get the rest of her shots, too.  My vet did a heartworm check, and she tested negative.

I wanted to give you a little background on her.  We found her wandering on Highway 200 in Ocala on Saturda evening, June 27th.  It was during the time when we had been having scalding temps in the 100s.  She was unbelieveably filthy, exhausted, and her pads were raw and blistered so badly it pained her terribly to stand on them.  She had given up and collapsed on the side of the road.  She is so loving and sweet and she is a talker.  She is not a barker, but a talker.  She tells you when she needs to go out, and she tells you if she feels the need to tell you she loves you.  I guess I am telling you this because I really want her to have a home where she is inside as part of the family-not stuck outside. 

This dog had a micro-chip placed pror to getting lost.  Unfortunately, the family did not register it.  We never found out who the owner was. 

Would you like to know what happened next?
Meet Sophie, our newest Mermaid.  Head Mermaid Diane Kaufman adopted Sophie and on the way home in the car Sophie moved closer to Diane and placed her head on Diane's lap-just as Max, Diane's black lab that just recently passed away, had always done.

Your new best friend is just waiting for you to come meet him or her.  They're waiting patiently at your nearby animal shelter or pure breed pet rescue. 

And you want to know the best part?  You may think your're rescuing or adopting an ophaned or abandoned animal and that you're saving them.

What you'll soon discover?

They rescue you right back!

Right, Sophie?

No comments:

Post a Comment